Best Lawyers honors every Callison Tighe attorney for third year in a row
COLUMBIA, S.C. – It happened last year, and the year before. And now, for the third year in a row, The Best Lawyers in America® has recognized every attorney at Callison Tighe and Robinson.
And in this, the publication’s 2024 edition, three of those 13 attorneys are being singled out as Lawyers of the Year in Columbia.
Here is the full list of those making the Best Lawyers list, and the practices in which they were recognized:
- William Bert Brannon: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Sherwood M. Cleveland: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Richard C. Detwiler: Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Mergers and Acquisitions, Litigation – Trusts and Estates, Workers’ Compensation Law – Claimants
- Ian T. Duggan: Commercial Litigation
- Andrew C. English III: Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, Corporate Law, Real Estate Law
- Demetri K. Koutrakos: Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Real Estate, Real Estate Law
- Louis H. Lang: Criminal Defense: White-Collar, Litigation – Banking and Finance, Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Real Estate
- Michael W. Tighe: Litigation – Real Estate, Real Estate Law
- Alex Weatherly, Jr.: Business Organizations (including LLCs and Partnerships), Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law, Trusts and Estates
- Reece Williams III: Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Real Estate, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs
Three of those – Reece Williams, Louis Lang and Bert Brannon – were named Lawyers of the Year, meaning that they received the highest overall peer-feedback vote in the Columbia area in the practices of Litigation – Insurance, Litigation – Real Estate and Trusts and Estates, respectively.
The remaining three in the firm were named to the Ones to Watch list, which is given to attorneys who have distinguished themselves in the first decade of their careers:
- Harry Dixon: Commercial Litigation, Litigation – Real Estate, Real Estate Law
- Matthew Jepertinger: Commercial Litigation, Medical Malpractice Law – Plaintiffs
- Yani Mouratev: Litigation – Real Estate, Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs, Real Estate Law
“Three years may look like an extraordinary streak to someone who doesn’t know our firm,” said Mr. Detwiler, the managing member of the firm. “And it is indeed gratifying to be honored again by our peers. But our clients have known the kind of care and professionalism to expect from us for more than half a century.”
Best Lawyers in America is a ranking service that helps those in need of legal services identify lawyers who are qualified to represent them.
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. For more information, go to https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology.