Every Callison Tighe & Robinson attorney recognized by Best Lawyers
COLUMBIA, S.C. –Every attorney at Callison Tighe & Robinson was recognized in The Best Lawyers in America® for 2022. This is quite a landmark, occurring in the firm’s 50th year.
Eleven of the firm’s 14 attorneys were named to the Best Lawyers list in Columbia, and the other three made the Ones to Watch list for attorneys who have practiced less than 10 years.
One of those on the first list, Bert Brannon, was named Lawyer of the Year in the Litigation-Trusts and Estates category. Only one attorney is recognized as the “Lawyer of the Year” for each practice area and location.
Here are the 11 who made the Best Lawyers list, and the practice areas in which they were honored:
- Edward D. “Butch” Barnhill, Jr. – Commercial Transactions/UCC Law; Real Estate Law
- Bert Brannon – Litigation-Trusts and Estates; Tax Law; Trusts and Estates
- Sherwood M. Cleveland – Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Richard C. Detwiler – Commercial Litigation; Workers’ Compensation Law-Claimants
- Ian T. Duggan – Commercial Litigation
- Andrew C. English, III – Commercial Transactions/UCC Law; Corporate Law; Real Estate Law
- Demetri “Jim” K. Koutrakos – Litigation-Banking and Finance; Litigation-Insurance; Litigation-Real Estate; Real Estate Law
- Louis H. Lang – Litigation-Banking and Finance; Litigation-Insurance; Litigation-Real Estate
- Michael W. Tighe – Litigation-Real Estate; Real Estate Law
- Alex Weatherly, Jr. – Closely Held Companies and Family Businesses Law; Trusts and Estates
- Reece Williams III – Litigation-Insurance; Litigation-Real Estate; Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs
The following three were recognized as “Ones to Watch:”
- Harry Dixon – Commercial Litigation; Litigation-Real Estate; Real Estate Law
- Matthew Jepertinger – Commercial Litigation; Medical Malpractice Law-Plaintiffs
- Yani Mouratev – Litigation-Real Estate; Personal Injury Litigation-Plaintiffs; Real Estate Law
The Ones to Watch recognitions are given to attorneys who are earlier in their careers – they typically have been in practice for 5-9 years – for outstanding professional excellence in private practice.
“The publication of Best Lawyers each year is always a proud moment for our firm” said Mr. Detwiler, the managing member of the firm. “But for every single attorney in our firm to gain this recognition from their peers makes the 2022 edition one to treasure for many years to come. And it is even more gratifying that it comes in the year in which we celebrate our 50th anniversary.”
Recognition by Best Lawyers is based entirely on peer review. The methodology is designed to capture, as accurately as possible, the consensus opinion of leading lawyers about the professional abilities of their colleagues within the same geographical area and legal practice area. For more information, go to https://www.bestlawyers.com/methodology.