Drew English focuses his practice on commercial real estate acquisition and development. He represents developers in all aspects of their projects, including acquisition of property for development, permitting and entitlements, permanent loan facilities, and sales of operating centers.
Drew also represents lenders in purchase money financing, refinancing of existing loan facilities, and workouts of nonperforming loans. He often serves as local counsel to ensure the enforceability of closing loan documents and the issuance of title insurance policies.
Drew has also litigated real estate matters throughout South Carolina, representing clients in both trial and appellate courts. A case before the South Carolina Court of Appeals resulted in a published opinion in favor of his lender client.
Drew is a graduate of Wofford College and the University of South Carolina School of Law. After earning his juris doctor, he served as law clerk to the Honorable Thomas W. Cooper Jr., Resident Judge of the Third Judicial Circuit. He joined Callison Tighe as an associate in 1999, becoming a member in 2004.
- South Carolina, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, 1999
- University of South Carolina School of Law (J.D. 1998)
- Wofford College (B.A. 1995, Finance)
- South Carolina Bar
- Richland County Bar
- Member, Board of Directors, Gillscreek Watershed Association, 2018 to present
- Member, Board of Directors, Wofford Terrier Club
- Member, Board of Directors, Greater Columbia Educational Advancement Foundation
- Member, Board of Directors, Cultural Council of Richland and Lexington Counties
- Best Lawyers in America, Real Estate Law, 2015 to present; Commercial Transactions/UCC Law, 2020 to present; Corporate Law, 2021 and 2023
- AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell Peer Ratings
- Legal Elite of the Midlands, 2013-14, Corporate Business; 2019-2020, Commercial Real Estate
DISCLAIMER: THE FOLLOWING EXAMPLES ARE INTENDED ONLY TO BE REPRESENTATIVE OF MR. ENGLISH’S PRACTICE. MR. ENGLISH IS SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS CONTENT. THESE EXAMPLES ARE NOT INTENDED, AND CANNOT BE RELIED UPON, TO PREDICT THE RESULTS IN ANY OTHER CASE.
- Counsel to regional commercial developers in the acquisition and development of real property for commercial shopping centers anchored by a major national retailer throughout South Carolina, Georgia and North Carolina;
- Counsel to state governmental agencies in the acquisition of real property for, and development of, a state farmers’ market;
- Counsel to a timber management investment organization (TIMO) in the acquisition, management and divestiture of timber assets throughout the Southeast;
- Counsel to real estate developer in restructuring and refinancing of several shopping centers totaling $77 million;
- Counsel to regional concerns in acquisition of $40 million revolving credit facility for company stock repurchase;
- Counsel to regional firm in acquisition of assets of target with operations in Georgia, Virginia and New Jersey.
- Past Speaker, continuing legal education seminar on title insurance issues
- Guest Speaker at the University of South Carolina School of Law on issues relating to real estate closings