2017 Best Lawyers in America includes 7 Callison Tighe attorneys
COLUMBIA, SOUTH CAROLINA – Nine members of Callison Tighe have been selected for recognition in the 2017 Best Lawyers in America, one of the oldest peer-reviewed publications for the legal profession.
The lawyers were recognized across a range of practice areas. Two honorees – Michael W. Tighe and Louis H. Lang – achieved Lawyer of the Year designations for the Columbia Metropolitan area.
The Callison Tighe attorneys included in the 2017 Best Lawyers in America and their practice areas:
- Sherwood M. Cleveland: Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights / Insolvency and Reorganization Law
- Andrew C. English, III: Real Estate Law
- Demetri “Jim” K. Koutrakos: Litigation – Insurance
- Louis H. Lang: Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Insurance
- Ralph C. Robinson, Jr.: Real Estate Law
- Michael W. Tighe: Lawyer of the Year, Litigation – Real Estate; Real Estate Law
- Reece Williams III: Litigation – Insurance
Callison Tighe attorneys have a long history of inclusion in Best Lawyers, dating back to Cleveland’s first award in 1993. Robinson has been included for more than a decade, while Tighe has been included in more than five editions.
Selection to Best Lawyers is based on more than 5.5 million confidential evaluations by the country’s top attorneys. Lawyers of the Year awards are bestowed to attorneys with the highest overall peer feedback for a practice area.
Best Lawyers, first published in 1983, has been described by Corporate Counsel magazine as “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
The companion publication The Best Law Firms in America will be released in November. Callison Tighe has been honored in the past six editions.